Saturday, July 11, 2009

Susie's Mission Letter

Dear Friends,

I hope that God is doing as many wonderful things in your life as He is in mine. As I approach my last year at Georgia State University studying dietetics, and I am feeling God's will to do more for the world around me.

I want to share with you a challenging ministry opportunity that God has presented to me. From August 6th through the 14th God has offered me the chance to go to Nicaragua with five other team members from Zoe Community Church. Nicaragua is the largest country in Central America, and the second poorest in the Western Hemisphere. Although water covers ten percent of Nicaragua's surface, environmental degradation, pollution, and simple scarcity in some regions threaten the country's ability to provide enough water to sustain its population and productivity. Today, nearly a third of the Nicaraguans do not have access to potable water.

Zoe has an existing partnership with a church in Nicaragua called Mount Olives, and we are joining them to serve their immediate community. We hope to minister to the people of Nicaragua by

  1. building relationships and partnerships for sustainable, long-term ministry
  2. helping raise money and connect expertise for a well project
  3. ministering to the women, who are often neglected and overworked

This trip provides an opportunity to meet the physical and spiritual needs of a community that is in need.  More than anything, I would value your prayers for our team and those whose lives will be touched by God through us.  I am asking you to pray with me for safety, good health, and a listening heart to be sensitive to how God is moving. 

Beyond your prayers, if you are led to join me by financially supporting this mission, I would be grateful.  Our group needs to raise nearly $800 to cover the total cost of the trip.  Additionally, we are seeking to raise funds for a well-project for a community called Apawas.  We will have to be creative to raise the money, and I want to extend an invitation for you to participate. This is a journey that God has called me to and I would greatly appreciate any level of support you are able to offer.

I look forward to doing God's work in Nicaragua and letting you know about how God has worked through this team when I return in August.

God Bless,

Susie Park

No comments:

Post a Comment